Baggage Allowance determination and excess baggage charges calculation apply to baggage to be through checked from the point of departure to the point of arrival without stopover at any of the intermediate points. If passenger takes a stopover at an intermediate point, a new assessment of baggage allowance and baggage charges, if applicable, will be measured from the point of departure following the stopover.
Checked Baggage Policy by Weight Concept applicable to International Sectors for all types of Passengers;
Maximum Combined Weight of All Pieces
Premium Economy & Economy Class
For Gaya- Paro Sector
Preimum Economy and Economy
If your journey involves multiple airline partners, please be aware that baggage rules may vary. In case of code-share flights the carrier performing as the operating carrier determines the baggage rule. In some cases, the baggage rules that apply for your journey may be those of our partner airlines, please contact your travel agent or our ticketing/reservation agent for further advice
PLEASE ENSURE THE CARRY-ON BAGS IN THE CABIN DO NOT EXCEED THE DIMENSIONS OF 55 CMS X 40 CMS X 20 CMS AND A MAXIMUM WEIGHT OF 7 KGS.
Duty free items purchased at the airport of departure in Bhutan will be permitted for carriage on the aircraft only if they are:
- Carried in uniquely identifiable bags (bearing the name of the Duty Free Shop and the inscription "Duty Free Items") with a cash receipt attached to the bag.
- The Duty Free Shops are responsible for the safety and security screening of Duty Free items purchased by passengers and will ensure they are delivered to the concerned passengers at the gate of the aircraft.
If passengers are transferring to another flight at any point on their journey or at destination, or deplaning from the aircraft at a transit point, where they are required to go through security checks once again, duty free liquids, and gels exceeding 100 ml. and purchased in India will not be permitted. However, items purchased in that country, at the airport of departure will be permitted as per the local laws.
For any further information, or clarification, passengers may contact any Member of our Staff at the Airport.
To ease your journey, we suggest that most items are placed in your checked-in baggage, except items of value and those required on-board the aircraft, are carried in your hand baggage.
In addition to one piece of cabin baggage or package, you may also be permitted to carry the following items, subject to Security Regulations:
- Lady's hand bag.
- An overcoat or wrap.
- A rug or a blanket
- A camera or a pair or binoculars
- Reasonable amount of reading material for the flight.
- Infant's feed for consumption during the flight and infant's carrying basket if an infant is carried.
- Collapsible wheelchair or pair of crutches or braces for passenger's use if dependent on these.
- A gift item purchased from the Airport duty free shop.
- Walking stick.
- Umbrella (Folding type)
- Feeding bottle.
- Shaving kit, excluding razor blade and straight razors.
- Medicines required during Flight like Asthma inhaler etc.
- Cell phones.
An odd sized cabin baggage not conforming to the specified dimension will not be allowed in the cabin. Such baggage will be removed at the gate / boarding point, Will be affixed with a "Limited Release Baggage Label" and will be loaded in the hold.
Children (above 12 years old) are entitled to the same cabin baggage allowances as adults.